I strongly recommend bookmarking the available-free-online book, “The Hidden Treasure – Holy Mass” by St. Leonard of Port Maurice.
This list comes from that book, in answer to the question, “Why go to Mass?”
The Mass should be the center of one’s life, most especially if one is a so-called “professional Catholic”, and ESPECIALLY if said person is single. Mass attendance should be THE HIGHEST PRIORITY. Everything should revolve around the Holy Sacrifice and assisting thereto, from where one lives to one’s work schedule to one’s eating patterns (observing the Eucharistic fast).
Here are just some of the benefits of assisting at Mass. Emphases mine.
– At the hour of death, the Holy Masses you have heard devoutly will be your greatist consolation.
– God forgives you all the venial sins which you are determined to avoid. He forgives you all your unknown sins which you never confessed. The power of Satan over you is diminished.
– Every Mass will go with you to Judgement and will plead for pardon for you.
– By every Mass you can diminish the temporal punishment due to your sins, more or less, according to your fervor.
– By devoutly assisting at Holy Mass you render the greatest homage possible to the Sacred Humanity of Our Lord.
– Through the Holy Sacrifice, our Lord Jesus Christ supplies for many of your negligences and omissions.
– By piously hearing Holy Mass you afford the Souls in Purgatory the greatest possible relief.
– One Holy Mass heard during your life will be of more benefit to you than many heard for you after your death.
– Through Holy Mass you are preserved from many dangers and misfortunes which would otherwise have befallen you. You shorten your Purgatory by every Mass.
– During the Holy Mass you kneel amid a multitude of Angels, who are present at the Adorable Sacrifice with reverential awe.
– Through Holy Mass you are blessed in your temporal goods and affairs.
– When you hear Holy Mass devoutly, offering it to Almighty God in honor of any particular Saint or Angel, thanking God for the favors bestowed on him, etc., you afford that Saint or Angel a new degree of honor, joy and happiness, and draw His special love and protection on yourself.
– Every time you assist at Holy Mass, besides other intentions, you should offer it in honor of the Saint of the day.
Finally, remember that Our Lord would go through His entire Passion and death JUST FOR YOU AND YOU ALONE, and He would do it as many times as you assist at (which means “hear”, not doing anything in the sanctuary necessarily, or OBVIOUSLY in the case of females who have absolutely NO PLACE in the sanctuary) Mass over the course of your life. That is how much He loves you. That is why He created the universe, instituted His Holy Church, and why He instituted the Holy Mass. So that you might know, love and serve Him in this world, and be happy with Him forever in the next.
GO. TO. MASS.
As often as you possibly can. Make it your top priority.