In this episode Ann, Dr. Mazza, Mark Docherty, and Supernerd discuss the disastrous document vomited out of Rome this past Friday, the effects we expect to see in the short term, and quote from Church History and a few Church Doctors on the licitness and necessity for the laity to speak up and question things when the rightful defenders of the Faith fall silent. Remember that PRIESTS are going to catch the brunt of the fallout from this new document so it’s paramount we pray for priests and let them know we support them: we need them far more than they need us!
“On the Canon of the Mass. And whereas it beseemeth, that holy things be administered in a holy manner, and of all holy things this sacrifice is the most holy; to the end that it might be worthily and reverently offered and received, the Catholic Church instituted, many years ago, the sacred Canon, so pure from every error, that nothing is contained therein which does not in the highest degree savour of a certain holiness and piety, and raise up unto God the minds of those that offer. For it is composed, out of the very words of the Lord, the traditions of the apostles, and the pious institutions also of holy pontiffs.”
Links, Reading, and Video:
- (Twitter) William Briggs takes the mood of fellow Catholics
- Verecchio: Bergoglio “abrogates” the TLM itself!
- Sacrosanctum Concilium: A lawyer examines the loopholes
- Questioning the validity of a Papal election does NOT a heretic make
- Pope Liberius According to St. Robert Bellarmine
- Father Z. has some thoughts on the question of “two Popes”
- (Youtube) The Dark Side of Allen Dulles
- New Mazza classes Church and World 20th century
- Sacrocanctum Concilium quote
- Canon 748: The teaching function of the Church
- Book: Episcopate and the Primacy
- Book: The Three Pillars of Faith in the Real Presence
- (Youtube) Saint Luke’s Gallery
Feedback: please send your questions, comments, suggestions, and happy news item to [email protected]
Supernerd Media produces the Barnhardt Podcast; if you got some value from this podcast — or even just Ann’s website — and would like to return some value to support the technical effort, please visit SupernerdMedia.com — where the PayPal option is now back!
The Infant Jesus of Prague handles Ann’s financial stuff. Click image for details. [If you have a recurring donation set up and need to cancel for whatever reason – don’t hesitate to do so!]