In this well-preserved episode we reprise the discussion of prepping against an unknown future, especially given the elevated possibility of widespread violence this fall and winter. While there are several practical considerations regarding what to wear and what to eat, seek first the Kingdom of God and prepare your soul to meet Him. Then go get some guns, ammo, seeds, food storage supplies, food, books, toilet paper, etc…
The links below are going to be updated over time!
The links below are far from complete and will be updated over time. I’m not saying you should bookmark this page and check it from time to time but if you do you’ll see more links being added. If you can think of something that should be listed below that isn’t, send an email to [email protected] and I’ll get that added.
Links, Reading, and Video:
- What is a General Confession?
- How to make a General Confession
- The five-fold scapular
- ALTAR MISSALS: available in red and green
- Men: you might want to prepare yourself how to serve at Mass!
- Unconsecrated Altar Hosts
- Portable altars (more for ideas than ordering: they are back-ordered)
- Wearing masks is causing a spike in pulmonary staph infections
- Listerine should be in your prepping kit
- “Working pantry” versus “emergency pantry”
- YouTube University: no listing here will be complete for your needs; search out topics that are relevant to you and take notes!
- Small footprint gardening
- Vertical gardening
- Food storage: Mylar bags and dry canning
- Building a bug-out/go bag: Part 1, Part 2, Urban area supplament
- Rice and beans: inexpensive survival base recipe
- Living on potatoes alone…
- Shelf-Life of Vitamin Supplements in a Survival Food Supply
- Amateur radio/shortwave radio receivers:
- Shortwave AM, but no Amateur SSB: Tecsun PL380
- Shortwave AM and SSB (good): Tecsun PL600
- Shortwave AM and SSB (gooder): Tecsun PL660
- Shortwave AM and SSB (better): Tecsun PL880
- Shortwave AM and SSB (best): C. Crane Skywave SSB
- Receive and transmit, least expensive: Yaesu FT-818D
- Receive and transmit, better quality: Yaesu FT-891
- Receive and transmit, super-delux edition (prepare to spend $2500 before you even get a tuner or an antenna): Elecraft KX3
- Don’t forget VHF/UHF (and a way to program these things: they aren’t intuitive): BaoFeng UV-5R
- Barber’s Scissors — only one of many on Amazon… search out other options and kits!
Feedback: please send your questions, comments, and suggestions to [email protected]
Supernerd Media produces the Barnhardt Podcast; if you would like to support the technical maintenance of the podcast and the hosting of Ann’s website you can send donations to “Supernerd Media” to 10940 Parallel Pkwy #K303, Kansas City, KS, 66109. Alternatively, you could email an Amazon.com gift certificate to [email protected] — or you can visit SupernerdMedia.com for even more options.
The Infant Jesus of Prague handles Ann’s financial stuff. Click image for details. [If you have a recurring donation set up and need to cancel for whatever reason – don’t hesitate to do so!]