In this episode SuperNerd recounts the trip to San Diego he and his wife took recently, with particular emphasis on San Diego’s connections to the events of September 11, 2001, and lots of commentary stemming from getting a chance to tour an Independence-class LCS (Littoral Combat Ship). And as usual, many tangents developed. Finally we concluded with some thoughts and recommendations for Lent (like putting your phone in airplane mode for 55 minutes of every hours — the reduced distractions are amazing!).
Links, reading, and YouTube:
- A Beginner’s Guide To Neti Pots
- Are Neti Pots Safe (FDA)
- Independence-class Littoral Combat Ship
- IMBD “Content Advisory Section” — why is a movie rated what it is?
- Movie: The Last Starfighter (content advisory info above)
- Kennedy-Nixon First Presidential Debate, 1960 (try listening only to the audio first!)
- Book: Amusing Ourselves to Death (why the TV kills brain cells)
- For Lent: Spiritual Reading
- For Lent: a traditional Lenten Mission
Feedback: please send your questions, comments, and suggestions to [email protected]
The Barnhardt Podcast is produced by SuperNerd Media; if you found this episode to be of value you can share some value to back to SuperNerd at the SuperNerd Media website. You can also follow SuperNerd Media on Twitter.