In this episode we discuss BitCoin again: the wild fluctuations in its price, the massive (and growing!) carbon footprint of the global computer network that supports it, and a generous helping of side-topic discussions about price discovery, price stability, arbitrage, and liquidity in the cattle and pork belly (BACON!) markets as well. And since it’s a non-Halal show we discussed alcohol a bit as well before wrapping up 2017 and looking ahead to 2018.
Links, reading, and YouTubing:
- Efficient Market Hypothesis
- Warren Buffet Contra BitCoin and Efficient Market Hypothesis
- On the Carbon Footprint of BitCoin
- Even RT is laughing at how much electricity BitCoin requires
- BitCoin or Ireland: what if you could power only one?
- The 16 Hour MBA: Ann’s Cattle Marketing Course
- Fr. Ripperger’s Generational Spirits Talk (scroll down to the “Spiritual Warfare” section)
- J.P. Sears on BitCoin (it’s funny because it’s somewhat true)
- J.P. Sears: How to become gluten intolerant (it’s funny/sad because it’s mostly true)
Feedback: please send your questions and comments to [email protected]
The Barnhardt Podcast is produced by SuperNerd Media; if you found this episode to be of value you can share some value to back to SuperNerd at the SuperNerd Media website. You can also follow SuperNerd Media on Twitter and Facebook.